Memorial Day is this weekend, and that means one thing—it’s grilling season! The aroma of backyard grill outs will soon fill the streets as the sun stays out as long as it can, shining down on families and friends celebrating the warm weather and delicious seasonal foods that we are all looking forward to eating.
As you already know, we here at Made by Mavis love to experiment with unusual jam flavors, but did you also know that we have our very own killer barbecue sauce? Made by Mavis offers a tangy BBQ sauce perfect for grilling or smoking—our soon-to-famous DDQ Sauce, which gets it’s name from our catering company, The Delish Dish.
It’s delicious smoky flavor captures the summer season and reflects the fantastic memories that will be made around the table as your guests enjoy this sauce during your next cookout. It pairs well with chicken, wings, pork chops, ribs, tofu, or any other protein you might want to cook up!
The possibilities are endless: Use it as a cooking glaze or dipping sauce, mix it with ranch for a dip, or flavor your main course with its signature smoky kick.
Still can’t decide what to cook with it? Try out this recipe for a DDQ Bacon Ranch Dip that is sure to satisfy your guests while the main course is being cooked. The perfect appetizer for a summer campout, pool party, or pot-luck.
You will need….
- 8 slices maple bacon
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 jar of Made by Mavis DDQ Grilling Sauce (which you can buy here)
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
What you need to do….
- Place the bacon in a large skillet, and cook on medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned (about 10 minutes)
- Drain the bacon slices on a plate with a paper towel.
- Once cooled, crumble the 8 slices of bacon and set aside.
- Stir together the cream cheese and ranch dressing mix in a bowl until smooth. An electronic mixer is not required, but will make it easier to spread.
- Spread the cream cheese and ranch mixture on the bottom of a pie dish.
- Evenly spread the Made by Mavis DDQ sauce on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Layer the bacon, bell peppers, and tomatoes on top of the barbecue sauce.
- Top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.